Review your insurance policies with your GDA Plus+ Insurance/GDIS team
Do you just pay your insurance renewal premiums when you receive the bill? When was the last time you reviewed your coverages? Do you have questions about your insurance policies that you have always wanted to ask?
As a GDA member, you can talk to an experienced team of agents who are looking out for you. Your GDA Plus+ Insurance/GDIS team can assist you in reviewing your current policies and help you make coverage decisions that are in your best interest.
Combined, your GDA Plus+ Insurance/GDIS team offers more than 50 years of insurance experience. We are happy to work up a comparison quote for you, or to make suggestions to your current policies. If you have had the same insurance policy for years your coverages may need to be updated – coverage limits you may have had years ago may not suit your coverage needs today.
Homeowners insurance can protect your home against damages that occur to the house itself – and the belongings inside. Homeowners coverage can also protect your property, some of your personal possessions and you. Your homeowners policy will cover your home and personal property from being destroyed or damaged by certain perils, such as fire, theft and windstorm. Your homeowners policy will also cover you for liability should someone be injured on your property.
- Do you have enough personal property coverage
- Does your policy cover full roof replacement?
- Do you have adequate liability limits?
- Do you have a breed of animal that is excluded on our policy?
- Do you have coverage for your trampoline?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. Auto insurance provides property, liability, and medical coverage. You may have noticed your insurance premiums are increasing even if you have not had any tickets or claims. Since newer vehicles are being made today with back up cameras and sensor technology, the cost to repair a vehicle today is much more than it was five years ago. You can help offset some of this increase by considering the following:
- How many miles do you drive to work? Have you changed jobs or moved? Your daily mileage will affect your insurance premiums.
- Can you increase your deductible?
- Is it time to remove comprehensive or collision coverage? Insurance companies use book value to determine the value of your vehicle. You should be what you would receive from your insurance company is worth paying for comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Do you have a new driver? Are they receiving a good student discount? Are they away at school and they are not a regular driver of a vehicle?
Watercraft / Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Watercraft/ recreational vehicle insurance covers you in the event of a loss or damage to your boat, personal watercraft or recreational vehicle. It covers liability, towing and personal property you carry.
- Do you have an agreed value or an actual cash value policy? Do you understand the difference between these two policies?
- Does your watercraft policy have a navigation area? Does it have a layup period?
- Does your recreational vehicle policy offer vacation liability and personal property coverage?
Valuables, Jewelry, Fine Arts Insurance
Valuables, jewelry and fine art coverage is usually an endorsement on your homeowners policy. Coverage can be offered two ways: blanket and scheduled. You can choose these items to be covered if they were lost, stolen or damaged.
- Are your valuables, jewelry and fine arts valued properly?
- Have you purchased or inherited any new items that have not been added to your current policy?
- Do you know how your current policy has these items insured? If you were to lose your engagement ring would it be covered or does your policy only pay out if it were stolen?
This type of insurance policy is designed to help protect you from major claims and lawsuits. An umbrella policy provides additional liability coverage above the limits of your homeowners, auto, recreational vehicle and boat insurance policies.
- Do you have a youthful driver in your household?
- Do your current underlying liability limits meet your umbrella requirements?
- Should you increase your liability limit? $1,000,000 is good, but $3,000,000 or $5,000,000 is much better.
Contact your GDA Plus+ Insurance/GDIS team today at 404.636.7553 or email@example.com.