The Opioid Epidemic: Healers or Dealers?
Friday, May 14, 2021
Noon - 1 pm
Live Webinar (Per the new Georgia Board of Dentistry policy, this live webinar will count as 1 CE credit for in-person continuing education)
$25 - all registrants will get a link to the recording of this live event
The 2021 edition of the Opioid Epidemic lecture is a 1 hour presentation on the opioid epidemic focusing on the role the dental profession plays in the epidemic and how it can address this important issue.
The lecture examines many aspects of the opioid epidemic including: its origins, history of opioid use in the USA, pharmacology behind addiction, current pain management techniques, current policy of the ADA in regard to opioid prescribing, the prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) and how it is employed in patient care, key state policy issues related to opioids, doctor liability in prescribing opioids, the epidemic inside the pandemic, and how each dentist can make a difference in the opioid epidemic.
The following are suggested behavioral objectives for the lecture. At the end of the lecture the attendee will be able to describe and/or discuss:
- History and utilization of opioids in dentistry
- Etiology of the opioid epidemic
- Evolution of OxyContin and its role in the opioid epidemic
- The epidemic inside the pandemic
- Responsible opioid prescribing
- Key Georgia issues in the opioid epidemic
- The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Doctor liability in prescribing opioids
Please Thank Our Sponsor
This opioid webinar is made possible thanks to a contribution from