Presenter: Karen Gregory RN
$99 - GDA members and their staff
$150 - non-members
Do you ever feel as if you just can’t get ahead of all the rules and regulations which apply to your practice? Here is the good news! Yes you can! This presentation will provide a review of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standard, and address the training required by the update to the Hazard Communication Standard. Additionally highlights of the Omnibus HIPAA regulations will be discussed.
Success is dependent on a clear understanding of the requirements and a plan. Once you have these items in place, your practice will be positioned to be a safe workplace and a safe place to receive care. You CAN succeed!
- Requirements and review of the bloodborne pathogen standard.
- Elements of an effective HAZCOM Plan which reflect the required changes to align with Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS).
- Updates to HIPAA Rules as required by HITECH.
- Review of the definition of breach and reporting requirement.
- Recognize specific employee safety measures required by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Standard.
- Discuss updates to the Hazard Communication standard to align with GHS as it relates to labels, pictograms, and SDS.
- Recall acceptable standards of care outlined in the CDC Dental Infection Control Guidelines.
- Discuss identification of breach situations and reporting process to impacted patients.