Learn what kinds of coverage dental practices like yours often buy.
GDIS offers many ways to safeguard your practice
A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) can help protect your practice in much the same way that a homeowners policy protects your home and personal possessions. The Hartford’s BOP combines these essential coverages, providing a cost-effective solution to help safeguard your practice.
• Business Liability coverage helps protect you, your practice and your employees for claims related to property damage, bodily injury and personal and advertising injury. Among other expenses, it helps cover defense costs and covered settlements or judgments you’re legally obligated to pay.
• Business Property coverage helps protect the property you lease, own or rent (i.e.: office building and/or contents).
• Business Income coverage helps protect lost income if you’re forced to close due to direct physical loss or damage to your premises, or business property at your premises, resulting from an event covered by your policy. A wide range of optional coverages offer additional protection for risks that are specific to the healthcare industry. Many are available separately or in cost-effective packages, giving you the flexibility to design a program for what’s uniquely important to your practice.
Why Choose GDIS Business Insurance?
For more than 200 years, Georgia Dental Insurance Services’ partner The Hartford has helped dental practices like yours prevail with flexible business insurance solutions that help meet today’s risks and continue to evolve to meet tomorrow’s challenges.
EXAMPLES OF OPTIONAL COVERAGES DENTAL PRACTICES LIKE YOURS OFTEN BUY
helps you pay for response expenses if the sensitive personal information (e.g.: patient medical records, Social Security numbers) you collect or store is lost or stolen. This includes expenses for notifying patients, employees or government agencies as may be required, good faith advertising and credit monitoring, if warranted. You can also purchase coverage to help cover defense and settlement or judgment costs if your practice is sued because of a data breach. There’s even protection that helps protect your income if you need to suspend or slow practice operations because of a data breach.
Employment Practices Liability
(EPL) provides coverage if you’re sued by an employee alleging discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination or other types of claims relating to your employment practices. Coverage also extends to discrimination or harassment claims made by patients or vendors. While in most states there’s some EPL coverage automatically included on the BOP, you should consider buying higher limits.
Interruption of Practice
gives you the flexibility, for many business income claims, to determine how you’ll be paid for lost income. You can select:
• A daily limit option between $500 and $5,000, which requires less paperwork and doesn’t deduct for rescheduled patient appointments; or
• Actual loss sustained Temperature Change provides coverage for the cost of perishable medicines that are lost due to a breakdown or failure of heating or cooling equipment, power failure or contamination by a refrigerant.
Business Income for Cloud Service Interruption
coverage helps pay for lost business income if you need to suspend or slow practice operations because of an unplanned and unannounced interruption in your cloud service.
Reimbursement of Legal Expenses for Disposal of Medical
provides coverage for defense costs if you’re sued alleging a violation of a law or regulation governing the disposal of medical waste.
Hired & Non-Owned Auto
provides liability protection if a vehicle not owned by your practice is involved in an accident while being used in the service of your practice. For example, an employee, driving her personally-owned vehicle, has an accident while dropping off mail for your practice at the post office.
Reimbursement of Legal Expenses for a Court or Review Board
provides coverage for defense costs if you’re required to appear before a court or review board as part of a disciplinary action.
Content provided by GDIS partner The Hartford.
At GDIS, we can work with you to make sure you’ve got the coverage you need, while at the same time using all possible credits and discounts to make that coverage affordable.
Give us a call or send us a note—we want to help you meet your goals, and make sure what’s important to you is protected!
404.636.7553 | firstname.lastname@example.org