COURSE 6*: Curriculum
A) Monitor Nitrous Oxide
B) Fluoride Application
D) Dry Socket Redressing
To successfully complete the clinical portion of this course, each assistant must successfully perform and receive a fluoride treatment with another person in the class, and place sealants on a minimum of three posterior teeth. An assistant must also pass a written test on the subjects listed above.
COURSE 6 Curriculum
To successfully complete the clinical portion of this course, each participant will complete the following procedures:
1) Perform and receive a fluoride treatment with a partner from the class. A tray fluoride treatment is four (4) minutes in length. Fluoride varnish is also acceptable.
2) Place sealants on a minimum of three posterior teeth.
COURSE 6 SUPPLIES
For the clinical portion the student will provide:
1) Any disposables that you need: patient napkins, cotton rolls, gauze, as well as patient napkin and any instruments you require to complete the task
2) Fluoride treatment—your choice of fluoride varnish.
3) Sealant placement—three (3) molars with no fillings and little or no decay that are mounted in stone for ease in handling and placing of the sealants.
4) Sealant material of your choice
5) Explorer to check sealant margins